Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rec Center

So, since I skipped last weeks blog this is my first official blog for class=)
I chose to talk about the rec center and how much I love it! I worked out in Gullickson my frosh year and first semester of this year, but that gym was no better than the one we had at my high school. So when they started the construction of the new rec center I didnt think they could finish it soon enough. I was in there the first day it was open and I couldnt believe how wonderful it was! Even though I waited in line for 45 minutes at 7am it was so worth it! The pool is awesome. The basketball courts are sweet! I have yet to try out the racquetball or rock climbing wall. The weights on the second floor are new and nice and I absolutely LOVE the cardio equipment and track on the third floor. The track goes around the whole gym so you can watch and see whats goin on while you jog, or run or walk if you prefer. lol.
Last night, however, I heard of a flaw in the rec system. Some of my friends had their stuff in the locker room in the digilock lockers, and it was stolen! Someone went in, broke the lock and stole a phone and an MU ID. Not like theyll get far on a false MU ID, though. Im not sure if Im more dissapointed in the lasck of security in the rec center, they only have 1 security camera in the whole facility, or if I am disapointed that someone would take advantage of people and hack their lockers?

No comments:

Post a Comment